HomePackages, Trips & ToursGuesthouses en route to the desert
Guesthouses en route to the desert
Charming accommodation options
There are many places to stay en route to the desert. The places we recommend below have been chosen for their charm and quality. They also serve excellent meals.
Rates quoted include breakfast and dinner. Drinks are extra. All have swimming pools.
- Kasbah Ellouze
- An 11-bedroom guesthouse attached to a decaying Kasbah near Ait Benhaddou (setting for various film epics). It's about 4 hours from Marrakech and 6 hours from the desert. Rates from 95 euro per night including breakfast and dinner.
- Riad Caravane
- 8 bedrooms, totally delightful. It has been very tastefully designed, and is lighter and fresher than most. From 110 euro for a superior room.
- Kasbah Azul
- Kasbah Azul is a 10-bedroom guesthouse located in the Draa Valley. Its location within the palm oasis is magical. It has recently opened its own hammam. Rates are from 140 euro per night including breakfast and dinner.
- Riad Lamane
- Located in lush gardens, this 22-bedroom guesthouse is our preferred place in Zagora. The tariff is 115 euro per night. There are not many large hotels en route, but the best option is probably the Berber Palace in Ouarzazate.
- Dar Al Hossoun
(en route to Agadir and Essaouira)
- Located in Taroudant (7 hours from the camp en route to Essaouira), this 14-bedroom guesthouse is set in some divine gardens. Rates are from 150 euro per night.
- Auberge Le Festival
(en route to Fez)
- Located inside Todra Gorge, its setting is amazing. It has 7 rooms, of which five are cave rooms and two are tower rooms. Rates are from 95 euro per night.